Swiss Cross Canti Frameset
Many Ritchey-sponsored mountain bike champions were also cyclocross champions—Thomas Frischknecht, Henrik Djernis and Ruthie Matthes, to name a few. And though they were paid to race Ritchey mountain bikes, they often wanted a Ritchey cyclocross bike to race in the winter.
This ultimately resulted in another iconic Ritchey model—the Swiss Cross. Now the Swiss Cross is back, and better than ever.
We started with the same forged-and-machined integrated head tube design found on the P-29er—80 grams lighter than a standard 1-1/8” head tube and just as strong—a design which also provides much-needed shouldering room at the head tube.
Tubing is an all-new triple-butted, heat treated steel designed to Tom's specifications for a classically lightweight, compliant yet tough-as-nails frame. Geometry has been updated to reflect what 'cross riders want: race-ready handling and responsiveness that's still versatile enough to serve as a capable all-around rough road/trail bike.
Tire clearance? Plenty. The Swiss Cross is designed with 'cross racing in mind, after all. But with two bottle cage mounts, the Swiss Cross is perfect for long mixed rides in the off-season.
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing - TIG welded
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8" headtube
- WCS Cross headset included (IS42/28.6|IS42/30)
- Standard Quick Release front and rear
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) - not included
- Bottom bracket: 68mm - English threaded
- Crankset min/max ring size: 46/33t to 50/34t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 2
- Cantilever brakes / mini V-brakes compatible
- Ritchey WCS Carbon Cross Canti Fork included
- 1-1/8" straight steerer with integrated 45-degree crown race
- Steerer length: 300mm
- Axle-crown: 395mm
- Rake/Offset: 45mm
- Wheel and tire compatibility: 700 x 35c tire clearance (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Frame max spacing: 43mm
- Fork max spacing: 54mm
- Cantilever brakes / Mini V-brakes compatible
- Sizes: XS / S / M / L / XL
- Frame weight: 1.94Kg (size L)
- Fork weight: 445g (uncut steerer)
- Color: red