This is the second version of a 650b mountain bike from Ritchey — Tom started to design his first in 1977. Even back then, Tom had a feeling that there was an advantage to the ”middle” wheel size, but it took the rest of the cycling world three decades to figure it out: a 650b (or 27.5”) wheel provides the bump-eating smoothness of a 29er, with the light, responsive feel of 26” wheels.
Finally, the era of the 650b wheel is here.
The P-650b is a close relative to the P-29er. Up front there's the proprietary forged-and-machined, gram-shaving integrated head tube featured on all new Ritchey frames. Forged socket dropouts and a new chainstay-mounted rear disc brake mount save a few more grams.
And like every frame we make, geometry and tubing is carefully fine-tuned by Tom, to bring the legendary balanced, nimble Ritchey feel to 27.5” wheels.
- Sizes: S (15”), M (17”), L (19”), XL (21”)
- Weight: 2,028g for frame (L/17”)
- Ritchey forged-and-machined 1.5” tapered head tube
- Clearance for up to 2.25”; tires
- Fork: Designed for use with 100mm travel forks
- Headset: Integrated 1.5” tapered
Upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
Lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- Rear spacing: 10x135
- Front derailleur: 28.6 low clamp – top or dual pull (Caution: Front derailleur clamp MAX torque of 2.5Nm)
- Weight: 2178g / 4.8 lbs (M/17”, frame only)
- Sold as frame only.