With a nod to the original Ultra from 30 years ago, the new Ultra welcomes a fresh generation of riders looking for a modern, versatile steel hardtail that caters those of us that like to get rowdy, go big and rip into no-holds-barred shredding.
"It's an XC bike that delivers a whole lot more." - Bicycling
"Slim tubes, elegant lines, and a classic aesthetic – the Ritchey Ultra looks like a winner." - Cycling Tips
If there’s one thing Tom knows, it’s dirt. When he first designed the Ultra he knew it would appeal to riders who demand specific ride characteristics and dirt slaying only he could deliver- and that was in the 1980s! Good design withstands the test of time, and the latest iteration of the Ultra is a prime example. Like its predecessor from 30 years prior, the new Ultra occupies a unique ride space from cross-country riders looking to get rowdy and go big to enduro riders lusting for some all-mountain shredding.
Designed around a 120mm travel fork and super stable Boost 148 spacing, most of the fun is in the wheels. Designed to accommodate 29" or 27.5" wheels, the Ultra is highly versatile. Throw on some 29s for some trail-smashing XC riding, or saddle up some 27.5+ for some serious no-holds-barred shredding. The Ultra is a rough and rugged trail master that doesn’t know when to quit.
- Compatible with 27.5 x 2.8 and 29 x 2.4 tires
- Internal routing for a dropper post
- Boost 148x12 rear spacing
- Material: Ritchey Logic Tubing
- Optimized for 120mm suspension travel
- Sizes: S (15"), M (17"), L (19"), XL (20.5")
- Ultra-light Forged and machined tapered head tube
- Headset: Integrated 1.5” tapered
- Headset upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
- Headset lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- Fits up to 27.5”x2.8” or 29”x2.4” tires
- 148 x 12mm rear end with replaceable stainless steel derailleur hanger
- 30.9mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing
- Designed to accommodate 1X or 2X chainwheels
- Front derailleur clamp: 34.9mm
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm English threaded
- BOOST cranks must be used for proper chanline (SRAM XX1 BOOST 38t or Shimano FC-M8000-B2 36/26t recommended)
- Weight: 2570g (L/19")
- Color: Sierra Slate